Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Impressions.

This is not a well known fact about me, but first impressions stick with me forever. Someones first impression determines how I see them for pretty much as long as I know them, for the most part. Unless, they really change my mind once I get to know them. I don't know if any one else is like this, but I really pay attention to the first few moments that I meet someone. How they are willing to be when they first meet someone really says something about them. I always try to make a good first impression when I meet someone and hope it was a good one. Whether its with a new potential friend, coworker, boss, teacher, or whoever, the first impression will always be a strong factor in any type of relationship. I tend to hate people who's first impression was such a bitch to me, and I tend to like someone who treats me with a smile on our first meeting. So if I'm bitter to you, and you really don't see why, think back to how we first met and ask yourself if it was a good first impression. Chances are it wasn't if I'm not very nice to you.

It's true what they say, you don't get a second chance for your first impression.

I felt like posting this up because its something that's been really going through my mind lately. I am currently in situations where I don't even want to get to know someone because their first impressions were that bad to me. Maybe I'm missing out on some potentially great people, but oh well. Sometimes those people who gave me bad first impressions randomly do something I think is nice and its like I don't even accept it just because I feel like they already messed things up. That's just how I am though. Sorry :\

1 comment: